OBD Auto Doctor supports all ELM327 based hardware interfaces e.g. OBD adapters. In addition, the software works
with Diamex DX70 Bluetooth adapter.
See OBD Adapters for information about the adapters. In addition to the listed adapters, the software
works with any other ELM327 version 1.2 or higher scantool.
Windows, Mac and Linux versions support scantools with the following connection methods:
- Serial port
- Bluetooth via virtual serial port and natively using Broadcom, Microsoft, Apple or Bluez bluetooth stacks
- Bluetooth Low Energy natively using Microsoft, Apple or Bluez bluetooth stacks (now only Kiwi 3 dongle)
- USB via virtual serial port
- WiFi (WLAN)
Android and Windows Phone versions support all types of wireless adapters:
- Bluetooth Low Energy (Kiwi 3, plus LELink on Android)
iPhone and iPad versions support the following adapters:
- Bluetooth Low Energy (Kiwi 3, Carista, LELink, Vgate, Viecar and Tonwon)
Due to technical restrictions iPhone and iPad versions are not able to work with normal Bluetooth adapters.
Some adapters have dual capability to work as normal Bluetooth or Bluetooth Low Energy adapter. These need specific support only from iOS because other platforms can use the normal Bluetooth for communication.
Remember to check that your computer or device has support for the connection method too!